Just like we need vaccination for some of the deadly diseases, we also need to protect our loved dogs from some of the deadly diseases. You can find a brief dogs vaccination schedule in the below image :
Some of the basic diseases from which your loved dogs needs protection
- Distemper – It is a form of serious viral disease and there is no real cure for this disease. Dogs suffering from this disease generally do not tend to live more than 2 weeks.
- Rabies – It is a form of virus that affects brain, spinal chord of all mammals including humans.
- Hepatitis – It is an acute liver infection in dogs. It is usually spread via urine, nasal discharge, faeces, blood or saliva.
- Parvovirus – It is a highly contagious viral disease which can cause diarrhea for puppies below 6 months of age.
- Leptosiprosis – It is a form of bacterial disease which can cause muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of appetitie, lethargy, depression and blood in urine.
- Parainfluenza – It is a non-life-threatening virus cold-like condition which causes cough in dogs. This is one of the causes of Kennel cough.
- Lyme – It is caused by bacteria species of the Borrelia burgdorferi group. Its symptomps are inflammation of joints, lack of appetite and depression.
- Bordatella – Very similar to the effects of Parainfluenza. It is a highly contagious upper respiratory problems in dogs.
These are some of the most deadly diseases which affects dogs. One of my Dogs succumbed to Distemper disease. From that day on-wards I always saw to it that my dogs vaccinations are done regularly as per the schedule. With the regular checkup and regular vaccination we could most likely increase the life span of our dogs by at-least 2 or 3 years.
In case you feel I missed out any deadly diseases, please feel to write in the comments and I will edit the document accordingly.